MONO’s guitar player TAKA GOTO to release solo album!
We are proud to release Takaakira “Taka” Goto’s first solo album ‘Classical Punk and Echoes Under the Beauty’ on April 24/27 in Europe!
The album was originally written and recorded in 2003, but was never completed and ready for general release. „I wasn’t actually thinking about sharing this album with anyone at the time. It didn’t sound like MONO, so I left it as a trail to my envisioned world, as my personal collection“, Taka explains. The tracks sank into oblivion as Taka focused on Mono (Japan).
Now, in 2015, they appear like a melancholic relict of the past… a relict much too precious and too authentic to be polished up – and hence, Taka decided to simply master these tracks, and to release them as they were, in their raw, slightly shop-worn beauty.
Much like the album title insinuates, his music carries the dignity and grandeur of classical music, with its big orchestrations of piano and strings… yet at the same time, there is the rawness and the high-energy impact of punk rock, with wails of electric guitars and shrouds of noise.
ltd. edition clear vinyl with black haze (ltd. to 250 copies), solid white vinyl (ltd. to 500 copies)
black vinyl, CD (digipak), digital
- ARMS AND SLEEPERS release new single “Belfast” featuring Sofia Insua
- BIPOLAR ARCHITECTURE release new video for “Alienated”
- Pelagic Records sign SUGAR HORSE
- MONO to host new LIVE CONCERT FILM screenings in Europe
- A BURIAL AT SEA to release new album “Close to Home”
- PELAGIC RECORDS Christmas Giveaway Calendar
- Pelagic Records sign FAZI and release “Folding Story” LP
- SÂVER release new album “From Ember and Rust”
- ARMS AND SLEEPERS to release “What Tomorrow Brings”
- Pelagic Records sign BIPOLAR ARCHITECTURE